With the Mavericks, Suns and Grizzlies all vying for the last two Western Conference playoff spots, one team will be on the outside looking in. Ballerball has put together a primer for how the playoff seeding could shake out.
- If the Mavericks win out they will make it the playoffs.
- If the Suns only lose once they will make the playoffs and the Grizzlies will be out.
- If the Mavs lose once and the Suns and Grizzlies win out the Mavericks are out.
- If the Grizzlies beat both the Mavs and the Suns then the Grizzlies are in.
- If the Mavs end up missing the team bus for the first game AND the Suns all have to dress like women to trick their landlords, then the Grizzlies and Suns are in but the Mavs are out.
- If the Grizzlies notice an asteroid coming to earth and are asked to go to space even though they are just oil workers and not astronauts AND if the Suns remember all the words to “Summer Girls” by LFO, then the Grizzlies are in and the Mavs are out.
- If the Mavs turn on the fans by joining Vince McMahon and HHH and if the Suns forget to pay their taxes AND the Grizzlies tell their uncle “YOU AREN’T MY REAL DAD!!!” Then they all get in the playoffs.
- If your dad DVRs “Rules of Engagement” but acts like he’s DVRing “Cosmos”, then the Mavs and Grizzlies are in but the Suns are out.
- If Vince makes Medellin 2 and Turtle signs Saigon, but E gets in trouble with Ari then Grizzlies make it but Suns and Mavs are out.
- If Kramer buys a parrot that just can’t stop cussing but Ross thinks he and Rachel were on a break then Mavs are in and Suns and Grizzlies are out.
- If the Mavs fill out Buzzfeed’s “Which O.J. Simpson trial player are you?” and get “Judge Ito” and the Suns get friendzoned by their crush then the Mavs and Grizzlies are in and the Suns are out.
Whatever happens one thing is for certain; conferences are made up and all three of these teams should make the playoffs.