Your quick catch-up on all things NBA.
- Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner got in a fight on the Eve of the playoffs. Ballerball has obtained exclusive footage of the argument
- Gregg Popovich was named NBA Coach of the Year. When told the news by assistant coach Jim Boylen, Popovich blinked a couple of times.
- After the first two Chicago Bulls home losses, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver sent a memo to the Bulls reminding them that they have to try to put the ball in the basket.
- Tracy McGrady made the opening day roster as a picture for the Sugar Land Skeeters. to celebrate his team took him out for a round of beers. After the initial round, McGrady passed out; proving that he still has trouble getting past that first round. (I know he was on the Spurs last year but we don’t count that do we?)
- Phoenix Suns guard Goran Dragic won the NBA’s Most Improved Player award aka the “you weren’t thaaaaaat good last year” award. #hotsportstake
- Toronto Raptors GM Masai Uijiri was fined $25k for cursing during a Raptors Rally. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gave Uijiri the key to the city.
- Oh and Mike Woodson was fired.